BajaNomad

new whale camp

RenoJoe - 1-25-2020 at 08:28 AM

Is there room for my motorhome at the new camp?

David K - 1-25-2020 at 08:38 AM

It didn't sound too promising of a road for non-4x4s when she first mentioned it. My guess is a motorhome is way out of the question?

I see you have asked this in other threads, it is pretty early on a weekend. Why don't you email Shari directly or call her?

Her email and phone number is right on the front of her website: http://www.whalemagictours.com/

Have a fun time... it remains one of the Baja activities we have not done yet.

shari - 1-25-2020 at 03:25 PM

I sent you a message Joe....the road is a restricted road so no public vehicles will be allowed out at camp...which is going to be really nice for the campers. But Zihul,my associate has made a nice little camping area across from his ranchito and shop where my guests will camp in town.

RenoJoe - 1-25-2020 at 10:05 PM

I did not get the message on my u2u.

surfhat - 1-26-2020 at 08:49 AM

Since Shari provides safe parking for our vehicles while at her Whale Magic Camp, it is a plus that parking is restricted.

What a remote location does not need is people driving in and out of there on a daily basis. This is a sensitive and protected environment and should be treated as such.

I too, asked about the same and respect the decision to keep such a pristine location up to the powers that be. There is a reason a special permit is required for access to this designated biosphere protected area.

mtgoat666 - 1-26-2020 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
Since Shari provides safe parking for our vehicles while at her Whale Magic Camp, it is a plus that parking is restricted.

What a remote location does not need is people driving in and out of there on a daily basis. This is a sensitive and protected environment and should be treated as such.

I too, asked about the same and respect the decision to keep such a pristine location up to the powers that be. There is a reason a special permit is required for access to this designated biosphere protected area.

I thought the roads in that area are closed because it is an industrial area controlled by the salt mine

RenoJoe - 1-26-2020 at 11:03 AM

I think i'll leave the motorhome in B.A. and stay at a hotel in G.N.

surfhat - 1-27-2020 at 08:42 AM

Goat, yes, but it is also a sensitive area that deserves to be restricted and protected. Both of us can be correct.