Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Disaster Vacation Rentals in Mulege, BCS
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 03:50 AM

Casa Buenas Aires is 2 doors from where I live, in Loma Azul, Mulege. While it is not "Gringoland" as we refer to the complexes on the river, most of the residents here are expats. Ralph and his wife are wonderful people from the the California on the NOB side. The "Taco stand" is a food service trailer run by Mama more as a hobby than a business. Great "Sopas". A spider? It's Mexico, we have spiders. Noisy? I doubt it, no more than any site where folks are moving in. I think buggable has aptly named himself, allowing things which are normal to bug him....He should have stayed norte. Situation greatly exaggerated...mostly BS....

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 06:55 AM

Thanks for your review of this property and management company.

Sorry to see you get "jumped on" by all these people who weren't there.

Regarding all the spider comments, maybe everyone needs to re-read your post on 12/10? There were copious amounts of spiders; not just a spider.

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by Pacifico]

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Casa Buenas Aires is 2 doors from where I live, in Loma Azul, Mulege. While it is not "Gringoland" as we refer to the complexes on the river, most of the residents here are expats. Ralph and his wife are wonderful people from the the California on the NOB side.

chuckles:
your friends may be great people, they just happen to be really lousy, inconsiderate, intrusive landlords!

the customer is never wrong.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Well, it took some Google time....but....inquiring minds never rest:

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/mulegeproperties/library/CASA%20BUENOS%20AIRES?sort=3&page=1

Mulege Properties at:

https://www.facebook.com/MulegeProperties
It's kind of odd that they would post fotos of such a messy house. The blue tarp carport is a nice touch though.:lol:

Ha! This website is unintentionally very funny/scary. Looks great outside, but inside...not so much.

My favorite photo in this collection is the "wonderful kitchen" with the man hiding behind the breakfast bar. Oops! Did the photographer surprise him at a bad time?

And is that a salad spinner on the counter? And dirty clothes in one of the bedrooms? (Obviously they don't offer maid service...)

Wow...in hindsight, there were lots of early warning signs that this place would be full of surprises!

great sales pictures!

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by mtgoat666]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 08:13 AM

Once again I say BS....Goat 66 likely has never been within miles of the place...The pictures? So what? Does anyone actually think that once a pic is taken it is permanently that way? If that was true, I'd be slim and have hair... Believe what you wish, but what I have seen posted here from know nothings just aint true....

buggableone

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 08:21 AM

Thanks Pacifico. The problem wasn't with the area at all. The problem was when the owners came home and became intrusive on the vacationers that had rented the home. They had been told not to move on site until everyone was gone. It wasn't just us, there was also another renter on site.

They were quite rude. Maybe the person that says they are very nice should take off their rose colored glasses. We had to live with them and you didn't.

I am just a passerby and could care less until I am treated poorly.
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 08:29 AM

I find the pictures really funny. It was spotless when I left. Actually cleaner. Wish I had seen these pictures before I rented it.

Thanks all, I know what I experienced. The owners and the property management make up quite a team. NOT!:bounce:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Nice review.

I've rented houses in baja that were spotless.... yes, there are always spiders.

And, I've rented houses that were filled with webs and dirt and that were supposed to have been clean.

Sounds like the property manager should get it together.

It isn't a culture thing.... it's a crappy poor management thing.

:yes::yes:

buggableone ---- thanks for the review. So many people have similar or other unpleasant experiences and just go away and never write about it. But as you see, it is not easy to be honest around here, but some do appreciate it!

A few stray spiders is one thing, infestations and intrusive owners are another.

I agree with soulpatch. It has nothing to do with culture. And it has nothing to do with it being Baja. THANKS for posting.
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 10:11 AM

12.00. He was just at the bank. Not horrible, but considering what we went through and the short time we were there.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 10:21 AM

I just talked to the property manager, and there is more to this story than needs to be discussed....and its been beaten to death already...

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
I just talked to the property manager, and there is more to this story than needs to be discussed....and its been beaten to death already...

Ah...that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the review Buggableone.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 10:58 AM

you would have thought they might have spent a half hour tidying up a bit before they took pictures, but it looks like a nice enough place!:yes:
good report and welcome to baja blowhards! :lol:
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 12:07 PM
Ouch...

I talked the owner of Mulege Properties and he was doing a favor for the owners of the house (IE- receiving no compensation) and the owners blindsided him by returning early and ruining the renters experience. He is despondent that his successful record in Mulege has been tarnished.

This is not the normal experience for his clients and one that won't be repeated. If you want perfection you can rent at much higher prices but for good value he is well represented around here.

BTW - 12.2 exchange rate is generous at the time of deal and implying that it was pulled out of the air sounds like you are trying to make the situation worse than it was.

Good luck in your adventures,
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx
I talked the owner of Mulege Properties and he was doing a favor for the owners of the house (IE- receiving no compensation) and the owners blindsided him by returning early and ruining the renters experience. He is despondent that his successful record in Mulege has been tarnished.

This is not the normal experience for his clients and one that won't be repeated. If you want perfection you can rent at much higher prices but for good value he is well represented around here.

BTW - 12.2 exchange rate is generous at the time of deal and implying that it was pulled out of the air sounds like you are trying to make the situation worse than it was.

Normal or not, it happened. IMO he should have bent over backwards to make the customer happy if he was that worried about his reputation as a business man. Damage done now.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 12:40 PM

A spider in the room? Good God in heaven! What's the world coming to?:biggrin:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:07 PM

Baja...it's a jungle out there!

Found this guy one morning at mi casa. He would have made a great pet, but I just gave him a bath (my tennis shoe...phew) and released him to the wilds of my yard.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:11 PM

RTS? How do you know he didnt? Were you here? Oh wait I forgot, you are everywhere..Did you talk to the property manager? Do you even know who he is? More BS...

buggableone

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:31 PM

Thanks all. My intent was to get the message out there that this was a bad situation. It could have been avoided had our offer of leaving been taken seriously at the mention of the owners returning. Instead got the same "You will really like them, they are nice people".

I was renting a home for vacation.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
RTS? How do you know he didnt? Were you here? Oh wait I forgot, you are everywhere..Did you talk to the property manager? Do you even know who he is? More BS...

Guess you didn't bother to read the review or follow-ups. When in doubt (or ignorant)...ATTACK.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx

Normal or not, it happened. IMO he should have bent over backwards to make the customer happy if he was that worried about his reputation as a business man. Damage done now.

Buggableone and everyone else thanks for the details. I'm beginning to feel some empathy Bug, I have a story from the perspective of an owner returning which I wish it was appropriate to share here!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.