BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anybody park at CBX recently?
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2023 at 07:45 AM
Anybody park at CBX recently?

We are headed down next week, will park at CBX.
Any recent experience there, it changes often and we haven't been in about 6mo.

Any street parking available?
How about the parking lots that are $20, were they open? Every time we've been there they are closed, only the $27 lots are open.

Any experience with Lion Parking? Sounds like a great spot even though its 15min away from CBX. $11 per day, free shuttle
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-17-2023 at 06:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TLBaja79  
We are headed down next week, will park at CBX.
Any recent experience there, it changes often and we haven't been in about 6mo.

Any street parking available?
How about the parking lots that are $20, were they open? Every time we've been there they are closed, only the $27 lots are open.

Any experience with Lion Parking? Sounds like a great spot even though its 15min away from CBX. $11 per day, free shuttle

I had trouble returning late at night. Some of the lots operate with a reduced crew at night, and my 24-lot was locked and shuttle driver was MIA.

Be wary of the cheapo distant lots if arriving home in middle of the night when a cheapo operator may just lock the gate and go home leaving you stranded with no way to get your car.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2023 at 07:08 AM

Used $20 lot last week. No issues. I didn't check for street parking.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2023 at 09:03 AM

CBX parking prices have become obscenely high. I believe it was over $30/day. They are even charging for about $25 for street parking!

I've used Lion parking in the past and it has worked well. Only once I had a very early morning flight and when I arrived at the parking lot it was closed up tight. While figuring out what I was going to do the attendant showed up and opened the lot. Turns out at that hour he was the only one on duty and was also the shuttle driver so if this applies to your schedule just allow extra time in case the attendant is away when you arrive.

In Memory of E-57
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2023 at 03:04 PM

We used Lion parking a month ago. If you are OK to walk half a mile with your luggage it is a good option. They drop you up and around the corner from the CBX property. CBX won't allow them to come anywhere near their terminal.

Otherwise I recommend lion at $11 per day.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2023 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by El Jefe  
We used Lion parking a month ago. If you are OK to walk half a mile with your luggage it is a good option. They drop you up and around the corner from the CBX property. CBX won't allow them to come anywhere near their terminal.

Otherwise I recommend lion at $11 per day.
??? They have always dropped me off in front of the terminal but yes, you have to walk off the property and down to the intersection to get picked up.:fire:

In Memory of E-57
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2023 at 08:57 PM

I did the hike to the pickup point and my wife stayed at CBX with the luggage. Took the shuttle to the lot, got the car and went back to CBX and picked her up. Kind of annoying for sure.

It's a lot easier to just fly out of San Diego on Alaska for us under normal circumstances. If we can save a hundred bucks each going through TJ we might think about it, but with high parking rates or long Uber ride down to the border it usually doesn't pencil out.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2023 at 06:42 AM

Thank you very much for the useful information. We decided not to use lion. I think we'd use lion for a longer trip.

There were plenty of spots available in the $27 lots.
We parked a bit further away in the $20 lot. The walk is refreshing... 5-10min or so.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.