Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: Three Missing Surfers Found Dead
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 02:34 PM
Three Missing Surfers Found Dead

FB news site Patrulla 646 reports that they found the vehicle on a ranch in Santo Tomas delegation, it had been burnt.
https://www.facebook.com/Patrulla.646

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 03:01 PM

I just wish tourists would inform themselves better as to going to areas of the world where things like this are all too common. Camping somewhere remote with no one else around is unfortunately a dangerous position to put oneself in these days in places like Baja, where there have been far too many similar incidents.

There's middle ground between being totally fearful of travelling in Mexico, surrounding yourself with other gringos and being afraid to interact with locals, and on the other hand letting your guard down, assuming you're in paradise and nothing bad can happen. Just because you've camped in secluded places in the US, Canada, or Australia for years doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do here.

I hope the perps go to prison for the rest of their lives.

[Edited on 5-2-2024 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 03:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
I just wish tourists would inform themselves better as to going to areas of the world where things like this are all too common. Camping somewhere remote with no one else around is unfortunately a dangerous position to put oneself in these days in places like Baja, where there have been far too many similar incidents.

Blame the victim instead of the criminals. That is rich.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 03:38 PM

Says the guy who said he travels in Mexico with bodyguards. Don't be a jerk. Of course I wasn't blaming the victims. I look at those 2 brothers faces and see open, warm, trusting people. I think of their poor parents, losing 2 sons to something so senseless and horrific.

Pointing out what people can do to try to keep themselves safer isn't "blaming the victim". If someone walks out into the middle of a busy freeway and gets hit by a car, it's pretty obvious to everyone that that was a foolish thing to do and they had a pretty high chance of being hit.

I'm saying if more people bothered to find out and understand what is safe and unsafe to do in other countries, there might be less of these tragic ends, that's all. Better to be overly cautious than not. There just seem to be too many of these crazed violent kidnappers and murderers around ready to commit these conscienceless crimes.

And for what? Not the nice vehicle, obviously. Credit cards, debit cards? A friggin' iphone? It's horrendous.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 03:39 PM

There's middle ground between being totally fearful of travelling in Mexico, surrounding yourself with other gringos and being afraid to interact with locals, and on the other hand letting your guard down, assuming you're in paradise and nothing bad can happen. Just because you've camped in secluded places in the US, Canada, or Australia for years doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do here.

Over the years, there have been only two times when I got to my Baja overnight camping surf destination and found I was alone. There were no other rigs/surfers around like I expected. Both times, I got spooked and left. But I was alone. It might have been different with two other guys with me.

[Edited on 5-2-2024 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 03:55 PM

Yeah, I can certainly understand 3 young, fit guys assuming they could handle whatever came their way. But when there are monstrous criminals around, apparently that's not good enough.

I'm sure most of us had a feeling of invulnerability when we were younger, it's pretty common and natural. I used to travel all over and not contact my parents for weeks on end. I knew I was okay and thought they were just being neurotic and overprotective to be concerned.

Put myself into some situations that could have easily
gone south that I now look back on and realize how
naive and foolish I was and just lucky that nothing bad
happened.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 04:19 PM

From the Guardian. And important point made on the facebook site - two foreign countries involved - embassies, and Australian Prime Minister helping the mother. Big deal for local authorities.

“Our [Australian] embassy in Mexico is working with local authorities as well to try to ascertain what has happened here. We certainly hope that these brothers are found safely but there is real concern about the fact that they’ve gone missing. Their mother is obviously very distressed about this and we just hope for a positive outcome.”

Mexican police said they had questioned a woman and two men in relation to the disappearance. The woman was found with a mobile phone that contained a photo that looked like one of the missing brothers.

María Elena Andrade Ramírez, Baja California’s chief prosecutor, told reporters that abandoned tents had been found, along with evidence that linked the three people to the missing men, but would not elaborate on whether they were suspects or witnesses in the case.

“A working team is at the site where they were last seen, where tents and other evidence was found that could be linked to these three people we have under investigation,” Andrade Ramírez said. “There is a lot of important information that we can’t make public.” ...
“All lines of investigation are open at this time. We cannot rule anything out until we find them.”
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 04:28 PM

Beyond sad. A little more info.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/3-arrested-as-search-contin...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 06:08 PM

Yeah, I can certainly understand 3 young, fit guys assuming they could handle whatever came their way. But when there are monstrous criminals around, apparently that's not good enough.

Meth head psychopaths are out there.

Been said for many years that camping on the beach between border and san quintin is risky.

There have been multiple previous reports of armed robbery of surfers / beach campers in the subject area,… people really shouldnt be camping on that coast SW of santo tomas….

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 08:25 PM

Meth is being produced by the cartels in remote areas all over Baja. This scourge has been produced and present in the US for years. ( I
am a retired Social Worker and have seen the destruction it leaves in it's wake )
Now it has infiltrated the entire Baja peninsula along with Fentanol, knowing many families who are reeling with addicited family members And few resources.
AMLO's hugs not arms is not going to work, neither is Trump's building a wall. It is time for the US and Mexico to work as partners and put their best feet forward to wrest power from the Cartels power to kill and destroy people and entire communities. These surfers are a hallmark of how much this has infiltrated Baja. And, for those of you who want to say Baja is great, take your rose colored glasses off. And, the same to those who think the US is fine , the same. It is an enormous problem that effects ALL of us on both sides of the border. Just talk to family members who are in agony over the loss of their children or family members. No winners here .
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 08:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
Meth is being produced by the cartels in remote areas all over Baja. This scourge has been produced and present in the US for years. ( I
am a retired Social Worker and have seen the destruction it leaves in it's wake )
Now it has infiltrated the entire Baja peninsula along with Fentanol, knowing many families who are reeling with addicited family members And few resources.
AMLO's hugs not arms is not going to work, neither is Trump's building a wall. It is time for the US and Mexico to work as partners and put their best feet forward to wrest power from the Cartels power to kill and destroy people and entire communities. These surfers are a hallmark of how much this has infiltrated Baja. And, for those of you who want to say Baja is great, take your rose colored glasses off. And, the same to those who think the US is fine , the same. It is an enormous problem that effects ALL of us on both sides of the border. Just talk to family members who are in agony over the loss of their children or family members. No winners here .

Meth has been a problem throughout baja for many, many years. Hard to stomp out drugs when places like the USA are hotbeds of recreational drug use that all parts of society are partaking in,… seems like everyone I know in usa is occasional THC user,… rich, poor, middle, educated, uneducated.
Like guns, we know drugs are a problem, but no one wants to do anything about it.

Woke!

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Blame the victim instead of the criminals. That is rich.

Lets please have respect for the families while they wait to find out what has happened.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 10:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Lets please have respect for the families while they wait to find out what has happened.

Agreed.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

AnimalLovers

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 11:25 PM

This makes me sick. I posted a review on Google Maps 5 years ago about being shot at and robbed at this exact location. Apparently, at some point, Google took it down. It is gutwrenching to think this could have saved 3 lives. I feel so sad for the families, and lucky that we are alive.

Screenshot_20240502-231041_Gmail.jpg - 160kB
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 03:45 AM

Baja California "wins" in armed robberies, car jackings and murder involving foreigners

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 3.41.03 AM copy.jpg - 227kB

Harald Pietschmann
BeachSeeker
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 09:47 AM

Harold, define “wins”.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeachSeeker  
Harold, define “wins”.

the most of all tourist murders, car jackings, home invasions, armed robberies in all of Baja.

Harald Pietschmann
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Harold, define “wins”.

the most of all tourist murders, car jackings, home invasions, armed robberies in all of Baja.

Still don't get it. Does the ''M'' mean murder? And the ''stars?"

11 stars and M's. Does this mean total crimes?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BeachSeeker
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Harold, define “wins”.

Are you calling it a "win" when someone gets murdered or car jacked?

Or are you saying Baja is winning some sort of contest for murders or car jackings?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2024 at 10:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Still don't get it. Does the ''M'' mean murder? And the ''stars?"

11 stars and M's. Does this mean total crimes?

M for murders
star for armed robberies, car jacking

each a single incident

Harald Pietschmann
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.