BajaNomad

Here's a good "feel-good" Christmas story at Posada Concepcion with pictures

CasaManzana - 12-23-2006 at 09:01 PM

If you need a “feel-good” holiday story here’s one to consider- The Mulege boarding school known as Alberque Escolar Jose Gorosave treated us at the Posada community palapa with an hours Christmas dancing presentation. Under the direction of Professor Martin Navarro Patron and his wife Maria Elena Mayoral, the 6-8 year olds displayed their fancy costumes and expert dancing to the delight of nearly 80 people from Posada and Mulege as well. These children, about fifty in number for the whole school, are all from outlying ranchos and fish camps that come in on Sunday afternoon for school and live at the school until Friday night. About a dozen kids participated in the dance presentation. In exchange for the show, the children who danced, as well as all the school children, were treated with gifts from Santa (Herb Blackwell) and Mrs. Santa (Judy Kerlin). The kids also were forced to witness Mr. and Mrs. Santa, along with The Santa Helpers, do two dance numbers.
This boarding school has been greatly supported by for the last 23 years by a gringo group called “Los Amigos de Los Niño’s” (friends of the children). Through the years, this supporting group has provided the school with numerous computers/washing machines/air conditioners/ refrigerators and grocery shopping sprees. As students from this school achieve academic stardom, this supporting group also contributes to their advanced education at CECYT and the University of La Paz . Ruthann Quarles at Posada Beach ( bajaruth@yahoo.com ) can be contacted should more information be desired about the supporting group Los Amigos de Los Niño’s

roundtuit - 12-23-2006 at 09:30 PM

I was there for this. Quite a show they put on, it was a take of of Beauty and the Beast, Alladin, Cinderlla and other musicals. The kids put on a great show for us Note Santa's boots, stopped off in Texas on his way down.

fdt - 12-23-2006 at 09:34 PM

Wow, congratulations on those 23 years, felicidades Los Amigos de los Niños, cant wait to post pictures of our 1st Baja Nomad toy drive, sure is great to help out the kids.

Pescador - 12-24-2006 at 12:42 PM

I love Santa's boots from Texas, but the red Crocs on Mrs. Santa Claus really steal the whole show.;)

Thanks for Sharing

DianaT - 12-24-2006 at 01:02 PM

That is just great---it had to be lots of fun. I just love the look on the one boy's face---group dancing right above the picture of Santa----He looks like he is thinking, "Do I really have to dance with all these girls?":yes:

Sounds like a great school and organization

Diane

Posada-BushPilot - 12-24-2006 at 05:41 PM

Yo Sammanus,
How do those Posada people find time for an xmas party for the Kids.....I mean between all the Potlucks and Boce Ball etc.??

YES Roundtuit, you were indeed there as you say...but..........with health problems....si?

CasaManzana - 12-24-2006 at 09:32 PM

We didn't say anything cuz you were in charge of the music that great day (nice job and gracious very much) but you had a bed spring sticking out of your head. Are you OK? Did Kathy notice?

Minnow - 12-25-2006 at 10:01 AM

HAHAHA, I have seen that guy. Maybe at Rays? Great cause Posada People. FDT, where do I send my check.