BajaNomad

Pt 103?

caj13 - 11-11-2020 at 11:54 AM

So if you show up at the border crossing with a part 103 plane in/on a trailer - are you going to be allowed into Mexico? and if so, lets say you are flying it basically along the ocean shorelines in pretty much unpopulated or sparsely populated place, landing and taking off from the beaches. how much trouble would that buy you?

I'm thinking it would be a hoot to take like a Kolb down there and mess around, but I'm thinking you might be a real target for some local gendarme to take a fancy to my plane and take it for himself.

AKgringo - 11-11-2020 at 12:55 PM

I am not a pilot, but from a couple I know, I hear that things aren't like they used to be.

I would worry more about your aircraft being admired by some one who needs to transport illegal contraband, or cash. They may only need to make a one way trip!

pacificobob - 11-11-2020 at 02:01 PM

it has been a long 30 years since my last mexico light aircraft trip. at that time, a flight plan needed to be filed for EVERY flight.....including VFR. that said i have a gringo neighbor who flys an ultralite several times a week off the beach.
i have tried to chat him up a few times, but he seems reluctant to talk aviation...not sure why....any number of reasons i suppose.

Cliffy - 11-11-2020 at 05:51 PM

Check with the AOPA They can tell you what you can do