BajaNomad

Sierra Madre

Marc - 10-14-2023 at 12:38 PM

I am thinking of the High Sierra again. Will be trip number six.
Before any of you plan something like this, read 'Gods Middle Finger' by Richard Green.

pacificobob - 10-14-2023 at 12:59 PM

I've never read that. But i did lots of motorbike trips over in that part of Chihuahua.

Marc - 10-14-2023 at 03:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I've never read that. But i did lots of motorbike trips over in that part of Chihuahua.

Have you gone down to the Pacific from there? That route has always intrigued me, but last time I was in Álamos, I was told there's a problem with the route going through narco territory on that side of the Sierra.

I detoured a couple of time from Mex22? (don't have the map handy). Did not drive the southern route from the south, Took the train instead. Wow!

chippy - 10-14-2023 at 03:31 PM

I went in 2020 during covid for 3 weeks. We had a great time. We came in from the north east and exited out west to alamos. We got shut down by the narcos on a couple of routes we wanted to take but they weren't scary or intimidating (but their cuernos were).

chippy - 10-14-2023 at 06:48 PM

I was in my VW Amarok plus friends in a Jeep, Tacoma and a 4x4 Ford van.

I'm not sure of the product but I assume both. They said there was gonna be movement on those routes and they didn't want us to get mistaken as rival raiders.

pacificobob - 10-14-2023 at 08:41 PM

That area is a lot more tame these days. I entered from the west, north and south through Durango. Lot of single track to be done. Areas where Spanish is a second language. Some Villages are not on maps. The road system has grown at a rapid pace.