Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 01:08 PM

No, MaryAnn has not been found
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
"On Sunday [5/5/24], dozens of mourners, surfers and demonstrators gathered in a main plaza in Ensenada, the nearest city, to voice their anger and sadness at the deaths."

https://abc7.com/3-bodies-found-in-mexico-identified-as-miss...

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

As to searching for the rancher - who would have thought to look THERE.

Why did they think to look there for the surfer boys?

If recollection serves me, the well was found on a property where an otherwise abandoned home was found with food and/or evidence of being recently utilized... with an implication of being connected to those who were arrested. Perhaps the boarded-up well was found after this home was first found/searched, etc.
:?:

[Edited on 5-6-2024 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-6-2024 at 04:21 PM
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cupcake  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

As to searching for the rancher - who would have thought to look THERE.

Why did they think to look there for the surfer boys? I'd suspect no one bothered to look very thoroughly for the rancher. And what's the back story on that? Why was he killed? Did they steal his truck, too? Same body disposal site, same perps?

The authorities might have gotten the ´well location´ from interrogating the woman they apprehended, the woman they found via the victim´s phone that she was carrying.

[Edited on 5-6-2024 by cupcake]

We may never know the granular details of how the investigation chose to investigate where and when.
That said,… in watching the sunday press conference by the prosecutor, they showed some slides/photos which gave me the impression that the well was located close to the tents, like on the order of a few hundred meters distance.

Bodies in wells seems to be a theme this week. We got the rancher and surfers in this well. And just a day ago they found several bodies in a well in rosarito.

I also recall another murder of americans a few years back in baja where the bodies were dumped in a well.

[Edited on 5-7-2024 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 05:19 PM

Yes, from El Socorro or Socorrito, south of San Quintín.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

cupcake
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 05:45 PM

It has been reported that when the three young men resisted having their truck stolen, one of the thiefs took out a gun and started shooting.

I recall other instances when people commiting this type of murder claim that the resisting of the theft caused the victims to be shot.´Íf only they hadn´t resisted´...it seems like the perpetrators are saying this to take the edge off of what they have done. I mean, wouldn´t a shot into the ground put an end to ´the resistance´?

[Edited on 5-7-2024 by cupcake]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 06:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that the thugs were more concerned with leaving witnesses than overcoming resistance.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 07:02 PM

´Íf only they hadn´t resisted´...it seems like the perpetrators are saying this to take the edge off of what they have done. I mean, wouldn´t a shot into the ground put an end to ´the resistance´?

The prosecutor HYPOTHESIZED that the victims were shot resisting. The prosecutor apparently has no direct evidence, and possibly was victim blaming.
The perps are likely psycopaths and meth heads, they probably have no inhibitions and shoot for little to no reason

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

stillnbaja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 07:07 PM

im reading (including world news tonight) that perps were after the truck tires, photo's of the burned truck clearly show the wheels still on it?
wtf??
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2024 at 07:11 PM

Exactly. Any sane person, when having a gun pointed at them, being given the choice of their truck or their life, is going to tell them to take the truck. I doubt they were resisting. Maybe trying to verbally reason with them, at the most.

Some friends of mine had a home invasion one evening while sitting on the sofa watching the Oscars. The front door to the living room where they were sitting was open, as it normally was when they were home. It wasn't a remote area- it's a neighborhood with other houses on all sides.

3 guys suddenly appeared, brandishing knives and carrying a rope. The woman of the couple was a fast thinker- she instantly and surreptitiously pushed her phone off the coffee table with her foot that had been resting there, kicking it under the sofa. Then she told the perps that they had friends with kids coming over to watch the show with them in 5 minutes, please not to tie them up, as the kids would be traumatized if they saw that, just take what they wanted and get out. (She was fluent in Spanish).

The perps did exactly that. They took the husband's phone, as well as his toolbox, laptop, and other stuff, but they were able to call 911 immediately because of her quick thinking in hiding her phone.
The perps were caught a couple weeks later, because they had done another home invasion nearby a week before that, where they stole the woman's truck, and were so stupid they were driving it around the area.

[Edited on 5-7-2024 by surabi]
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 07:43 AM

"And just a day ago they found several bodies in a well in rosarito." Do you have more info on this? News report?
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 07:47 AM

What is the deal.
I saw a picture of the truck with its wheels and not burned, then then a picture of it burned with wheels.
Photoshop?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 07:52 AM

"And just a day ago they found several bodies in a well in rosarito." Do you have more info on this? News report?

re-reading it, seems like thy found one body...

from https://www.facebook.com/Patrulla.646

Familiares encuentran a una mujer que fue asesinada y arrojada a un pozo en Rosarito #ComparteEstaNota
La tarde del sábado 4 de mayo fueron localizados los restos de una mujer, los cuales fueron arrojados en bolsas dentro de un pozo de agua.
La Secretaría de Seguridad Ciudadana dio a conocer que el hecho fue reportado al 9-1-1 a las 16:23, cuando los oficiales fueron enviados al rancho Escondido, ubicado cerca del corredor 2000, en el cañón Rosarito.
La parte reportante indicó que junto con familiares de la víctima, identificada como Claudia P. L., andaban en su búsqueda cuando encontraron algo sospechoso en en el pozo, de 1.5 metros por lado y 4 a 6 metros de profundidad.
Debido a las características del pozo, los preventivos solicitaron el apoyo del Cuerpo de Bomberos de la misma dependencia, quienes confirmaron que se trataba de restos humanos.
Los oficiales observaron que en una de las cabañas había una piedra con manchas pardorrojizas, por lo que procedieron a asegurar el área y dejarla a cargo de la Fiscalía General del Estado (FGE).
Extraoficialmente, se informó que fue detenida una persona del sexo masculino por su presuntamente participación en los hechos, cuyo esclarecimiento se encuentra a cargo de la FGE.

[Edited on 5-7-2024 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 09:21 AM

And 3 days ago, a shootout in San Quintin: Nowadays, not the Baja of my experience. Grateful for those experiences - Baja may be in my rearview mirror now.

"Two dead and one injured after armed attacks in San Quintin
Two men died and another was injured after two armed attacks occurred last night and this Friday morning on the public road of San Quintin
According to preliminary information, the first of the cases occurred around 9:00 p.m. on General Abelardo L. Street.. Rodriguez from the colony New Baja California.
At the scene, the Municipal Police visualized on the street a man between 30 and 35 years old, lying upside down, with visible injuries to the head. Before this, technicians at the Emergency Medical Center of the Red Cross determined he was lacking vital signs.
Derived from the same attack, in the yard of a quarter under construction black an injured person was located. The victim, aged between 45 and 50, had reddish grey spots on the head. In his condition, he was moved to a nosocomia to receive emergency medical care.
On their part, the second of the events occurred after 7:00 in the morning on the Eleven Street of the Paseo San Quintin colony.
On an unembroiled building was an injured person, approximately 1.60 meters and brown complexion. On one side, at least five shell casings were appreciated. Following a review by emergency medical technicians, they confirmed there was no vital signs."
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 10:46 AM

And 3 days ago, a shootout in San Quintin: Nowadays, not the Baja of my experience. Grateful for those experiences - Baja may be in my rearview mirror now.

San Quintin has had a population explosion. The more people, the more problems. It's a real pain-in-butt to drive through, but easily avoided using the San Felipe route.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
´Íf only they hadn´t resisted´...it seems like the perpetrators are saying this to take the edge off of what they have done. I mean, wouldn´t a shot into the ground put an end to ´the resistance´?

The prosecutor HYPOTHESIZED that the victims were shot resisting. The prosecutor apparently has no direct evidence, and possibly was victim blaming.
The perps are likely psycopaths and meth heads, they probably have no inhibitions and shoot for little to no reason

It was reported all victims were shot in the head. Very doubtful moving,resisting ,victims would be shot in the head by a methhead with a gun much less a shooter with considerable skill. They would have to be compliant at some point after seeing they were confronted with a gun and shot execution style.who knows?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 01:40 PM

Just read some bio of the victims. The oldest brother was actually living in San Diego. So he may have been surfing and camping in the area before, never had anything bad happen and therefore thought there was nothing to be on guard about.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Very doubtful moving,resisting ,victims would be shot in the head by a methhead with a gun much less a shooter with considerable skill. They would have to be compliant at some point after seeing they were confronted with a gun and shot execution style.who knows?

Maybe they were resisting until the gun was pulled out. I know that would calm me down.

The first person arrested was a 23-year-old girl. I saw a photo, and she didn't appear to be "thuggish" or a druggie. She had a victim's phone and turned it on. That's how they found her. I bet she explained to the cops what went down and who the killer was.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I bet she explained to the cops what went down and who the killer was.

I am sure that she was advised of her right to remain silent, and offered a chance to consult an attorney first!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2024 at 03:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Very doubtful moving,resisting ,victims would be shot in the head by a methhead with a gun much less a shooter with considerable skill. They would have to be compliant at some point after seeing they were confronted with a gun and shot execution style.who knows?

Maybe they were resisting until the gun was pulled out. I know that would calm me down.

The first person arrested was a 23-year-old girl. I saw a photo, and she didn't appear to be "thuggish" or a druggie. She had a victim's phone and turned it on. That's how they found her. I bet she explained to the cops what went down and who the killer was.

Go look at the FB page of the arrested girl. She posts often about c-ck fighting, and narco-related culture. She is a sociopath, perhaps a psychopath.
People that fight animals are flocked in the head.

Woke!

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.