BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Mike Overcast Issue -- For Public Consumption
crazyolbob

[*] posted on 2-21-2004 at 10:09 PM

I'm sorry to say, but I find this group of people on this board to be the most sniveling bunch of so called "grown-ups" I've ever had the unpleasure of reading.
I'd hate to think what you teach your children on how to handle situations such as this.
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2004 at 06:51 AM
CRAZYOLBOB

With a username like yours, I think you're going to fit in well. Candor is important.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2004 at 06:58 AM
CrazyolBob

Bob:Come on in the Water is fine, just a little muddy at times!

I need some help! I am outnumbered!
These youngins are ganging up on me.!
Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"
Fang
Junior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 4-1-2004 at 09:50 AM
State Bar Assoc. never heard of Overcast's attny.

Found this interesting!

Thursday, April 1, 2004 State Bar Home

Home > Attorney Search

Attorney Name or Bar Number
Advanced Search ?
Include similarly sounding names and alternate spellings

Your search for Gearge Stevens returned no results.
Would you like to search for names that sound like Gearge Stevens?

Contact Us Site Map Notices ? 2004 State Bar of California

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 4-1-2004 at 06:09 PM

Lets face it, Overcast has a history of using an alias to try and intimidate. :fire: I feel bad for all the people who lost money because they trusted him. I know they are many because I have read the posts over the years. Lets all just hope this guy isn't out trying to hawk Jimmy stories as we write this. Man would that pee me off.:mad: I'll resist the name calling here, but you can insert your own. M&^%$#%$^%^%$(*&^&^%,*&%^&%er.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-2-2004 at 09:46 PM

Well, Hell! I got so stimulated by the booksigning at Keri's that I have been looking at parts of the Nomad that I have never looked at before. For you people who have been around a long time I am sure that you don't even see the quicksand that puddles around you. Damn, an Esquire on this board is okay--even lawyers should be allowed a small say before we hang them as the Barb suggested.
I didn't realize that this Mr. Overcoat had such a sterling reputation when I questioned his misappropiation of Don Jimmy's manuscripts.
The lady, I think (but then I have been told that things are not as they may appear), that wrote some of her usual verbage supporting the liberal, down trodden, unwashed, and possible crooked is indeed attempting to bite the hands that feeds her.Senor Gull--very impressed by your ability to discern the obvoius, when you point it out.
And lastly, to Senor 'Don" Doug, I salute you for standing firm when the quickland and the crap is getting thick.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 09:36 AM
I had no idea

of this guys reputation either Bernie. We all know what's up now and the word is being spread down here. Come to find out there are a number of still smoldering bridges this guy has crossed.
I suppose he had better pack a box lunch and carry a big stick while traveling in Baja if he continues this folly with Don Jimmys work.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 09:08 PM

I guess the 'fur' started flying while we were down in Mulege this spring...didn't catch it then...and I can see I didn't miss much, as they say.

It's always amazing to me how some people just try to mess things up, appparently, for their own personal 'enjoyment'...or some such rot!

I'm also continually amused at the rantings and ravings of the off-topic crap that gets thrown around - but not amused enough to wade through the 'muck' and get drawn, down into it! You have a lot more tolerance of all the off-topic Dibble, Doug, than I think I would ever have...

I visit Doug's great 'Nomad' board as I like to read and participate (to a small degree) in all the fun stuff about Baja California, and meet with some of the neat people that feel likewise!

Viva Doug's Baja Nomad Board; Viva Baja...or has someone already said that!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 11:42 PM

Overcast posted something on Fred's board last week. Usual stuff about how travellers can be helped.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by The Gull]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 01:01 PM
Thanks for keeping a clean site

Thanks for keeping a clean site

Bruce

[Edited on 8-22-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bajadtodebone
Junior Nomad

Mood: baja dreamin'

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 09:22 PM

Gaja Bernie,
It was not the Barb that suggested a solution for the affliction known as "lawyers" rather it was the Bard....aka William Shakesphere. Otherwise I agree javascript :icon(':rolleyes:')
No self-respecting attorney (oxymorron?)(sic) would infringe on freedom of speech. Would they?!:lol:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 11:31 AM
Bajatodebone

It was a typo--meant it to be BarD just as I am sure you meant it to be BAJA Bernie and not Gaja Bernie

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2005 at 07:14 PM

Plowing through this old thread made me wonder: Whatever happened to Stephanie Jackter?

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Plowing through this old thread made me wonder: Whatever happened to Stephanie Jackter?
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=3566&page...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 12:35 PM

A review of the California State Bar registry reveals that there are five attorneys named George Stevens, only one of which is on active status.

There is a way to deal with Mr. Overcast. If anyone feels that they have been damaged monetarily because of Mr. Overcast allegedly not doing what he said he'd do, an action can be filed against him pursuant to California Business and Professions Code section 17200. If successful, he will have to disgorge profits improperly obtained. The last time this came up there were a number of people whose opinon was that they were mistreated by Mr. Overcast. Obviously, the more claims that are aggregated, the better.

Should "George Stevens, Esq." still be lurking, go to www.whiteoliver.com. If after reading this post and that website you still want to tussle - bring it on.

Dan White
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 01:54 PM
I smell.....

Quote:
Originally posted by cascabel 6
......The last time this came up there were a number of people whose opinon was that they were mistreated by Mr. Overcast. Obviously, the more claims that are aggregated, the better.

Should "George Stevens, Esq." still be lurking, go to www.whiteoliver.com. If after reading this post and that website you still want to tussle - bring it on.

Dan White

An ambulance chaser! :barf:

chit, even here!
cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 02:15 PM

Pam,

Unfortunately, you've misread my intent.

I have plenty of plenty of other work to do and would vastly prefer not to be dealing with Mr. Overcast and his minions if it is not necessary. However, if Mssrs. Stevens and Overcast want to stifle legitimate comment on this board and pick on our host, they have another thing coming.

Dan White
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 02:16 PM

What do you call 25 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean???

A GOOD start...

What do you need when you have 25 attorneys up to their necks in concrete??

MORE concrete!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 02:23 PM

Cinco,

Hadn't heard the concrete one yet. Thanks for the new addition to my joke book!

Dan
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 02:27 PM

Anytime I can be of assistance with lawyer jokes cascabel!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.