Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: permanent residency question
bajapedro
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 09:58 AM
permanent residency question

Looking for personal experience here.
want to apply for permanent residency and live South of Sacramento. Was not able to get appointment at Sacramento Mexican Embassy, but was able to get appointment for myself and wife in Santa Anna.
Wondering if anyone out there had an appointment out of there district. Were there any problems getting it done, not living in that district?
Thanks.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 11:34 AM

You've posted this in the wrong section- you'll likely get more answers if you post in the Questions and Answers section.

I have no personal experience with that embassy, but as far as I'm aware, you can apply at any embassy, even one in a different state. Some apparently have different requirements than others, for some unknown reason, and some are more efficient and easier to deal with, so someone would have to have dealt with Santa Ana to give you specifics on them.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 12:49 PM

True, I realized that after I answered.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 01:09 PM

“Consulate” is what op meant by “embassy”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2023 at 01:56 PM

I think the answer is it should not be a problem. I live in San Diego but we began our paperwork in Mexicali because it was sooner appointment.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
11-3-2023 at 04:10 PM
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2023 at 08:56 AM

I did mine years ago in Boise ID. They have a huge building and staff.... with very little to do. They were super accommodating and glad to have something to do. My appointment was whenever it suited me to show up.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 11-4-2023 at 09:11 AM

Any Mexican Consulate will work. With all your docs time at the window may be 15 minutes. Whole process is super easy and don't waste your money on a facilitator.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2023 at 09:02 AM

I recommend building a manilla folder and binder with your materials, and keep it updated for easy reference. Print the latest requirements for Permanent Residency in Mexico and keep in the binder.

Make a list of your requirements and make it habit to print out copies of evidence of completion, in the format required, as well a reference to online source if it exists. In general, you'll have a passport, banking info demonstrating either monthly income off total balance over a period of time, in your name.

To be clear permanent residency is for retired people now, so don't say that you are still employed and working, if you work, you can say you are retired and receive consultation fees to advise companies or something reflective of a retired person.

It may be just 1-2 visits to the consulate or it could be more if you are unprepared. Keep in mind, consulate workers often have little experience with Mexico, its just the first and most important step of the process, the second involves going to the INM nearest to where you will live and complete the same steps upon arrival.

For example,

https://www.gob.mx/sre/acciones-y-programas/visa-de-residenc...

Requisitos:

Pasaporte.
Una fotografía.
Ser nacionales del país en el cual solicitan la visa o probar legal estancia.
Solvencia económica.
Cubrir el pago de derechos correspondientes en la forma y cantidad que señale la Ley Federal de Derechos.
Presentar los documentos que acrediten alguno de los siguientes supuestos:
a) Ser jubilados o pensionados.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2023 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Keep in mind, consulate workers often have little experience with Mexico,

Is that from personal experience? Maybe we've dealt with different departments, but all the consular officials and clerks I've ever dealt with, were Mexican civil servants serving at a foreign post in the U.S. Universally friendly and helpful, I might add.

This is from at least 10 different visits over the years between Seattle and Boise Consulates (long story).

I've been through the process and helped others. I'm surprised at how little experience Mexican consulate workers in the USA, have with actually living in mexico, though of course it varies.

Those of us who have been the INM process for years, for example, as temporary resident moving to permanent, for a number of 4 year TR series would, naturally have much more experience living in mexico than someone living in the USA. The residence process has Lineaminetos or guidelines, and a point system, but, those are open for interpretation, so its best to qualify point for point based on the current listed requirements and show the print out of the requirements today and show evidence of completion to avoid issues.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2023 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Keep in mind, consulate workers often have little experience with Mexico,

Is that from personal experience? Maybe we've dealt with different departments, but all the consular officials and clerks I've ever dealt with, were Mexican civil servants serving at a foreign post in the U.S. Universally friendly and helpful, I might add.

This is from at least 10 different visits over the years between Seattle and Boise Consulates (long story).

Exactly what I experienced.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.